Saturday, September 10, 2011

Retro Housewife Bridal Shower Cake



Here is the theme for this adorable bridal shower....


Instead of making the cake with the theme decorated all over it - I thought it would be cute to make a very simple cake reminiscent of a 1950's housewife-type cake. The customer request was to make the cake Tiffany Blue, which luckily I had a little Tiffany's jewelry bag to use to match since it's actually more of a teal than blue... This is a vanilla cake with lemon cream filling (sooooo yummy!) and vanilla buttercream frosting. The flower on top is made of royal icing - so it is edible, but is like a hardened sugar candy. I hope to see pictures of this party, as I know the hostess is very thoughtful with cute details. So, Heather, please share pictures of the party with me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun! pretty cake, Amy
-Erin