Tuesday, September 13, 2011

40th Wedding Anniversary Cake

This cake was for my father- and mother-in-law's 40th wedding anniversary last Sunday. The accent color was yellow because their wedding colors 40 years ago were white and yellow - with a few daisies I imagine. :o) The border is small flowers. I also chose to make the frosting "swirly" because I know that's how my mother-in-law likes it to look. The bottom tier was dark chocolate cake with chocolate cream filling, and the top tier was vanilla cake with lemon cream filling. All frosted, of course, with vanilla buttercream. Happy Anniversary, Don and Deniece! Thanks for being such wonderful people. You're the best in-laws a girl could ask for!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like a great cake. I know my parents are very happy with it. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Too bad I could not have joined all of you to eat it.