Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wedding Cake Replica Request



This cake (vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream) was a special request for a special event. The couple pictured above are now celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Their daughter wanted to surprise them with a miniature version of their original wedding cake. As you can see, the original cake had a little bit of everything on it! Pillars, swans, roses, swirls, scallops, a butterfly, bells, tulle, you name it! Their daughter thought that the flowers and leaves were colored. I think some of them were gold or silver foil, even! So based solely on the photo above,this is what I created. I also did the topper. I found the swans on E-bay and the butterfly was actually from my wedding stuff.


Here's a picture of my cake in black and white, for fun. :o)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great challenge. But, as always you made their special day even more special. Great job

Kora said...

What a cool idea! And successful...nice job!

Kimberly said...

Amy. Maybe its cuz i'm pregs but this is making me want to cry. You did an awesome job on this!!

Sue said...

I was a guest at this party. The cake was beautiful ane delicious. Everyone wanted a generous piece even after a gourmet dinner. It was a wonderful and special surprise fot the honored guests!