Monday, June 20, 2011

Hamburger Cake


I received a unique request for a hamburger cake. My friend's nephew is turning 11 and saw one at Fred Meyer he really liked. She asked if I could give it a try, and this is what I came up with. The "buns" are yellow cake, unfrosted, just carved to shape. Inside is a layer of chocolate buttercream frosting underneath a single layer of dark chocolate cake, topped with vanilla buttercream "cheese" and "lettuce". The ketchup is just red icing gel. The little sesame seeds on top are also vanilla buttercream. I intentionally did a lot of "lettuce" since there was no frosting on the top or sides of the cake. It's almost like a cake sandwich. :o) Thanks for your business, Megan!

2 comments:

Lana Koopman said...

This cake came out great Amy! Wow, you keep outdoing yourself!

Marisa said...

That is so cute and funny!! I litterally started LOLing when I saw it:). Neat idea.