Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sweetheart Cake





My little lady turned 5 this weekend. She's such a little sweetheart, so that was our theme - hearts. She wanted a strawberry cake, which I filled with chocolate mousse and frosted with vanilla buttercream. Pretty good! The top tier was heart shaped.

I tried a new product on this cake. The hearts are all cutouts from edible paper from Wilton, called Sugar Sheets. The taste was okay, the texture was a little weird... kind of like paper that melts in your mouth after the first couple chews. I cut all the hearts on the Sugar Sheets using my Cricut. It worked awesome!

I also made the topper, matching banner, and dangling hearts. Sophia reminded me that we should cut some of the bleeding hearts from the yard and put them inside for decorations. So we did that, of course. It was a fun day for our little Sweetheart.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The everything looked wonderful. Loved the theme of the party.